I have been thinking recently about what makes a good parent. Here is a list of good attributes I feel a parent should possess. It is not the most complete list and some could be combined or more added and subtracted. I will be going over each of the points in detail in the coming days.
A good parent…
- Is available.
- Is loving but firm.
- Is willing to ask for help.
- Is the grownup not a friend.
- Loves without conditions.
- Is consistent.
- Has a plan.
- Takes care of their kids needs, they know their kids needs.
- Celebrates success and doesn’t hold to hurts and mistakes.
- Is not afraid to admit mistakes and move on.