3. Is a refuge for the kids and parents.
Be the place where your own kids and their kids can come and relax and be who God made them. Take the kids away for awhile, give the parents a time for themselves. They need it and it will go a long way in building their marriage. Your little kiddos need the time away also. Be that kind of grandparent that the kids love to go to. Listen; tell stories build the family legacy. Make memories.
Here is the entire list:
A good grandparent
- Is first a good parent.
- Is part of the family system.
- Is a refuge for the kids and parents.
- Respects the parent’s rules.
- Is wise.
- Is not afraid to be playful.
- Takes the time to listen
- Doesn’t give advice unless it is sought
- Asks questions and listens
- Has a piece of candy in their purse or pocket