9. Doesn’t give advice unless it is sought.
This is a biggie. You are wise because of your years of experience and learning. But that does not give you the right to pressure your children and grandchildren with all you know. Good grandparents are sought out for their wisdom. They don’t give an opinion just because they have one.
Here is the entire list:
A good grandparent
- Is first a good parent.
- Is part of the family system.
- Is a refuge for the kids and parents.
- Respects the parent’s rules.
- Is wise.
- Is not afraid to be playful.
- Takes the time to listen
- Doesn’t give advice unless it is sought
- Asks questions
- Has a piece of candy in their purse or pocket