10. Has a piece of candy in their purse or pocket.
I don’t carry around candy. But I had a grandfather that did.
The whole idea of this thought is that grandparents are there to bring sweetness to life.
Being a grandparent is a gift to give and should be the icing on the cake of a life well lived. Be that person that the kids will come to because you are a treat to be with.
Here is the entire list:
A good grandparent
- Is first a good parent.
- Is part of the family system.
- Is a refuge for the kids and parents.
- Respects the parent’s rules.
- Is wise.
- Is not afraid to be playful.
- Takes the time to listen
- Doesn’t give advice unless it is sought
- Asks questions
- Has a piece of candy in their purse or pocket