This parent thing is such an important topic and needs to be talked about and considered. I have had a little experience and know something about it having raised 4 adult kids that have turned into great examples of parents themselves. (No bragging intended.)
Here is number one from that list I would love to hear what you think and maybe I will add your suggestions to the list.
Shows by doing.
This was an easy one. You know the off the mark, remark “Do as I say not as I do”. The only way your kids are going know about work, love, duty, discipline or God is by observing you.
You have to show your kids how it is to be a mature adult, parent and man. It is a 24/7 job and you can never lapse in this responsibility. Remember your kids will “Do as you do”.
Here is the entire list:
A Good Father …
1. Shows by doing.
2. Gives of his time.
3. Is consistent yet flexible.
4. Is not afraid to show vulnerability.
5. Is present, is there.
6. Loves their mother.
7. Knows his priorities and his kids and family are at the top of the list
8. Tells a good bedtime story.
9. Doesn’t have all the answers but is looking for them.
10. Can change a diaper.
11. Is a man and knows what that means.