This parent thing is such an important topic and needs to be talked about and considered. I have had a little experience and know something about it having raised 4 adult kids that have turned into great examples of parents themselves. (No bragging intended.)
Here is number two from that list I would love to hear what you think and maybe I will add your suggestions to the list.
Gives of his time.
Guys have a totally different view of time than their wives.
Somehow we men feel we are in charge of our time and we have the right to dole it out to others as we see fit. Part of it is this is a “I work and you don’t idea” so I deserve to have control of all the other time in my life.
Even when our wives work we have this different idea of our time and our work.
So as a dad understand from the start you have to give up your time a lot of it for the sake of the family and the children.
Here is the entire list:
A Good Father …
1. Shows by doing.
2. Gives of his time.
3. Is consistent yet flexible.
4. Is not afraid to show vulnerability.
5. Is present, is there.
6. Loves their mother.
7. Knows his priorities and his kids and family are at the top of the list
8. Tells a good bedtime story.
9. Doesn’t have all the answers but is looking for them.
10. Can change a diaper.
11. Is a man and knows what that means.