This parent thing is such an important topic and needs to be talked about and considered. I have had a little experience and know something about it having raised 4 adult kids that have turned into great examples of parents themselves. (No bragging intended.)
Here is number nine from that list I would love to hear what you think and maybe I will add your suggestions to the list.
Can change a diaper.
There is no such thing as women’s jobs and men’s jobs. Know this and swear by it. Dirty diapers, noses and hands are a part of this thing called parenting. Men do not have a get out of diaper changing card. They have changing stations in the men’s rooms of most public restrooms. Just suck it up and do the jobs that need to be done.
Here is the entire list:
A Good Father …
1. Shows by doing.
2. Gives of his time.
3. Is consistent yet flexible.
4. Is not afraid to show vulnerability.
5. Is present, is there.
6. Loves their mother.
7. Knows his priorities and his kids and family are at the top of the list
8. Tells a good bedtime story.
9. Doesn’t have all the answers but is looking for them.
10. Can change a diaper.
11. Is a man and knows what that means.