Watch out for holiday meltdown
Here are some more ideas for coping with the stresses of winter and the holidays:
- Be honest with what you are facing. Recognize that you might be depressed.
- You may be S.A.D. Seasonal Affective Disorder is real. As the days are shorter and the weather turns gloomy get out into the sun as much as possible.
- Get away, have some fun. A quick trip to the coast might be just the thing. Turn off the cell phone and stay away from the email and breathe a sigh of relief.
- Keep up with good nutrition and try some vitamins. Do something pro-active. A pedicure or massage might do the trick. Don’t forget your exercise during the cold weather.
- Get your sleep. Eight hours is a good base. Too much is a sign of possible depression.
- When all else fails seek therapeutic help. A third party might have a better view of what might be happening to you.
Frank Walker LMFT
1617 Main Street
Cambria, Ca 93428