10 Ways to Beat the Holiday Blues
Look around us the stress is at level orange we are running ourselves ragged. It doesn’t seem to be getting any better. We all come under the holiday blues, sometime during this season. Check out the list below for possible solutions.
- You need to connect with people. The worst thing any of us can do during the season is to isolate ourselves. Get out be around people.
2. Set realistic goals. Making a list and checking it twice isn’t just for Santa. Get organized and stick to your agenda.
3. Make a budget and follow it. Especially during these times where money is tight you need to have a budget. You know deep in your heart that you can’t buy love so don’t try. A well thought out gift is better than quantity.
- Contact someone you’ve lost touch with. Call an old friend or a forgotten relative. Spread the love around by being there for someone.
- 5. Be honest with God about your situation. Don’t put on a front of good cheer if that isn’t the way things are. But don’t let the blues rule the reason for this season. Jesus was born in a poor manger. So don’t pout about your situation. Take the time to discover the real meaning of Christmas.
- Get plenty of rest. We run ourselves into the ground. Take some time to enjoy and relax.
- 7. Let go of the past. Start fresh this year with a few new traditions and plans. Just because it has always been a certain way doesn’t mean you can’t change.
Don’t overindulge in holiday foods. Enough said about this one.
- Don’t focus on what you don’t have – focus on what you do have
- Get out of yourself and into other people. You know you feel so much better when the spotlight is off you. Look around at all the needs in the community. Be the answer to others needs.
Frank J Walker LMFT
1617 Main Street
Cambria, Ca 93428